Wednesday 13 September 2006

WH40K - The Ork Battle Barge. What is it?


In terms of Warhammer 40K, this model is too big to be a Battle Wagon. However, I haven't stuck enough guns on it to make it a Battle Fortress. Also, I have deliberately left it open topped to retain the look of a landing craft teeming with Ork boyz.* Still, the recent vehicle design rules make it cost a lot more points than any of the regular large 40K models (eg. Land Raider).

So, it is pretty much scenery for now.

Also, what should I call it? It has to be something Orky, and either warlike (like Da Crasha) or absurd (like Beatrice).

*It can fit over 20 regular size Ork boyz, or a couple of Wartrukks, or a combination.

4 comments:

  1. Use the Gorgon rules from Imperial Armour books... this thing is tits btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the pride of my Ork army. I did use the Gorgon rules in an Apocalypse game, years ago. Slow moving and didn't really get to the fight, but no one had an problems with it using those rules. We just said it was BS2 with TL Big Shootas and got on with it.

      Delete
  2. Wow this is impressive. Very orky. Da chains for the doors are great. Nice red paint job, like blood. Make it move a bit faster no ? How any points is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really built it for fun, not game play, but I have used it in Apocalypse games as a looted Gorgon (but with BS2.) Very slow moving and a bit bigger than the Imperial Guard version, but the guys I was playing with thought it wasn't an outrageous idea so they let me use it like that.

    ReplyDelete