Saturday 17 December 2011

Lego: Bookends

Lego make a lot of merch, apart from their regular sets. For example, these dandy bookends.

Of course they are made of Lego bricks (glued together in the factory), so other Lego can be added to them. So, I made a Discworld bookend and a James Bond bookend, for their respective sections of our bookshelves.

The guns are from Brickarms - they are a Spy Pistol (clearly a Walther PPK) and a gold Spy Pistol with Silencer (to represent Scaramanga's Golden Gun.) Brickarms distributor in Australia is Minifig World, and they throw freebies in with their orders, which is how I got the gold pistol. They also do a pack of spy weapons which includes a model of the Golden Gun, which is cute.






Francisco Scaramanga: A duel between titans... my golden gun against your Walther PPK.
James Bond: One bullet against my six? 
Francisco Scaramanga: I only need one, Mr. Bond. 










"I often don't know where my Luggage is; that's what being a tourist is all about". Twoflower, in The Light Fantastic.








The Discworld scene is not from any particular book; it's just some generic wizards reconsidering their options, in view of the approaching Luggage.










No comments:

Post a Comment