Wednesday 21 August 2013

WH40K - Idea for Battlewagon conversion

I've had an idea. I've got the Goffik Rokkers lying around. They are older minis of WH40K Orks, as a band. I think they could 'count as' an Ork Weirdboy - but they would be a bit bigger on the table top than the Weirdboy's standard 25mm base. I've got an unbuilt Ork Battlewagon. And I've got the old bits box...
So, I will put the Rokkers on stage, and put that stage on a tower, and put that on a Battlewagon. Add amps, speakers, Grot roadies, power source of some sort, and I will have a converted, re-imagined Weirdboy Battle Tower.
The tower was originally an Epic piece, and several people have built WH40K scale conversions since then. Mine will be a rock 'n roll one. I might even put an MP3 player and speakers in. Must leave room for battery changes.
Who knows? Maybe the Weirdboy Tower will re-appear if and when the new Ork Codex is released. I hope I make it the right height. Wouldn't want to have an advantage (or disadvantage) if 'the real thing' was released as a model!

No comments:

Post a Comment