Friday 19 September 2008

WH40K - Bull Grox nearly complete










The Bull Grox - or Baneblade Recovery Vehicle - is nearly complete. I added the manipulator arms - they are pretty much straight out of the WALL-E toy, with a few nuts and bolts added from the tank-traps in the GW scenery kit. (The one with the oil drums and ammo boxes).

I undercoated in Citadel Black and sprayed over that with Tamiya Deck Tan. The strips were already painted on the yellow plastic WALL-E arms, so I just masked with a strip of Tamiya Masking Tape to keep a section of diagonal 'danger stripes'.

2 comments:

  1. very nice conversion :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. I knew what effect I wanted to create, and I had a couple of good spare parts (the crane and other bits). But, it took a long time to work out how to do the arms. Fortunately, WALL-E donated the right parts for the job!

    ReplyDelete