Friday 12 February 2010

WH40K - Deff Dread Close Combat Weapon

I dug my old 'Deff Dread' out of storage. (That's the Ork version of a Dreadnought walker in Warhammer 40,000. There is a new plastic kit coming out soon that looks rather good, but it was about time I finished this one.)


Deff Dread with claws from two battlewagon kits, and the old chain axe (in black).

For a while I had wondered what to use as the fourth Close Combat Weapon, as the 'chain axe' looked a little too small. Then it hit me: a plastic screw of the type used in plaster board.



Deff Dread with new CCW


Close up of 'Da Drilly Bit'

When it's painted, I hope it will look like an auger or 'Da Drilly Bit'. The idea is that the Deff Dread grips the enemy with the big claws, bashes it with the chopper and while it's at it, has a go with the drill to see what's on the inside. An elegant combination of mechanical curiosity and extreme violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment