Saturday 20 February 2010

WH40K - Minor conversion of Ghazghkull Thraka part 2



I have added the 'drilly bit' on top of some cog shaped 'gubbins'. I also glued some old earphone cable to bits of paperclip (for strength) and placed pieces of styrene tube on the wires. These make 'power cables' to drive the drill.
On to his gun arm: I had the idea of mounting the claws that come with the original model on the fist shape. I did quickly clip a notch into the base of the claws so they would fit better. I also used the single claw from the plastic Nobs sprue, trimmed to fit. I wasn't happy that the gun barrels were large enough, and even broke them off at one point. But I have added some more styrene tubing over the original barrels to bulk them up and I think that improves the look. The barrels are in fact slightly wonky, but I don't think it will show once everything is painted. His waist has been extended by a plastic cog, and the cables from the drill have been passed through that piece and wrapped around. I haven't modified the legs at all, except to clip off the mounting peg.

I am still considering putting some sort of claws on his feet, perhaps cut from the end of a Trukk boarding plank. Also, I want to put something on his upperback/shoulders - perhaps some missiles or a sensor mount. Nothing large, but enough to use up some of the space there.

No comments:

Post a Comment