Tuesday 30 October 2012

Dust Warfare - Headswaps

I bought some British Army style heads from the Victoria Miniatures webstore. Victoria Lamb is a superb miniatures painter and designer, and well known in Australia for her work. She sells miniatures and conversion parts to turn 30mm toy soldier minis into Victorian era heroes, including Highlander style kilts and bagpipes!

I bought a selection of Victoria's 'Brody Helmet' heads as well as some heads with Tam O'Shanters and berets, to convert my Dust Warfare Allied troops from US Army (and USMC) into British Army. It won't change them from a game rules point of view, but it will personalise my army. The next step will be painting them in khaki and similar colours.




Since the heads are all moulded on a sprue of white metal, I clipped each head off with a 'spike' of metal running from the neck down. This made it much easier to place the heads in the neck holes of the orginal miniatures.

Allied Command Squad
 
Allied Recon Squad.






Who's in command here? Robin Hood? When did your men last shave?

At least these chaps have remembered their helmets.
Once I've finished painting these guys (yeah, right) I want to paint my Allied Walker models in the WW2 'Mickey Mouse' colour scheme, of black circular shapes over olive or dark green camouflage paint. I will be going for more style than historical accuracy, but Dust Warfare is a game with walking tanks, heroic rocket men and Nazi Zombies, so historical accuracy is lower priority.

Below is an example of a model truck in Mickey Mouse camouflage, which I found on the model making website www.miniatures.de (The model in the photo is not mine; I am impressed by it and want to follow the example of the person who made it!)
http://www.miniatures.de/mickey-mouse-pattern.html


No comments:

Post a Comment