Monday 8 October 2012

WH40K - Orkspendables Trukks - Chassis

The usual slow progress on my Orkspendables Converted Trukks. I ordered some resin wheels from Kromlech's eBay store, so I haven't bothered with the Ork wheels yet. I never really liked the 'nailed on armour plating' look that the GW wheels have, although if the undamaged Kromlech wheels look too neat, I might consider their 'Raider' wheel sets.
Ork Trukk chassis with middle axle and suspension removed. 
So, I built the chassis of one Trukk in the regular way, with axles for six wheels and cut the middle axle part from the chassis of the two other trucks, gluing the ends back on. The white square was just a piece of scrap styrene that happened to be the right size to reinforce the join where the cut was a bit wobbly. (It's not just parts that go into the bits box. Offcuts and scraps can also be useful!)

Another Ork Trukk chassis given the 'cut and shunt' treatment.
I also raised the rear suspension of all these vehicles with some bits of plastic, to make them a little higher off the ground than regular Trukks. This will give them more of a Kustom feel, if only by about 4mm. It also allows me to use large wheels all the way around them, rather than small ones at the front.

The cut out suspension areas make the two 4x4 Trukks much shorter than the original, which isn't really fair for the tabletop if I want these to be played as regular Trukks. However, the Secret Ingredient I will add to each trukk should bring the length back to 'regulation'. I am also tempted by a few other bits in my bits box which aren't really on the movie trucks, but would probably look good on these vehicles. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment